|Dipl.-Inf. Oliver Pajonk
Institute of Scientific Computing
||104b (1st floor)
(0) 531 391 - 3014
(0) 531 391 - 3003
|My current S/MIME certificate from CA-Cert
can be found here: X.509 or PKCS #7 format. My GPG key can be found here. Additionally I am a CA-Cert assurer.
Winter Semester 2010/2011
Summer Semester 2010
Winter Semester 2009/2010
- Supervision practical course
"Simulation of Fluid Dynamics"
- Assistant for lecture
"Computational Methods in Bionics - Num. Optimization"
- Lecture notes: here - password will be announced in the lecture
- The UNIX Operating System - Introductory Short Course (2009-09-15) [Slides,Slides(2on1)]
- Knoppix - this is a popular "Live Linux"; you can start it from CD/DVD without installing on your hard disk. Nice for playing around with Linux.
- Debian Linux - a free Linux distribution
- openSuSE - the most popular distribution in Germany
- Red Hat - the most famous distribution worldwide
- KDevelop - a popular integrated development environment (IDE) for Linux. Resembles Microsoft Visual Studio (to some extent). Should be available on the Linux terminals of the Rechenzentrum.
Remember that there are several links in the slides, too.
- LaTeX2e - Introductory Short Course (2009-09-17) [Slides,Slides (2on1),Example]
Summer Semester 2009
Efficient solution of inverse problems and uncertainty quantification
- Solution of dynamic inverse problems by sequential data assimilation, e.g. using sequential Monte Carlo methods like the ensemble Kalman filter or other particle filter.
- There, I am mainly focussed on methods for improving efficiency like data compression and reduction techniques, parallelisation and efficient implementation - but code maintainability and efficiency in software development are also a topic.
- My main application is the history matching problem in hydrocarbon reservoir engineering. There, numerical models of such a reservoir are conditioned to production data, seismic data and other measurements such that they can reproduce the measurement history and predictions (together with uncertainty quantifications) can be made. It is a high dimensional, non-linear problem where sometimes millions of unknows have to be estimated (of which many are more or less correlated, but not in a simple way).
Numerical optimization and software component technologies
Efficient numerical functional evaluation
- See my diploma thesis below.
- Documents for the TU Day 2008 can be found here.
- My diploma thesis titled Numerical Evaluation of Functionals based on Variance Minimisation can be found here. Please drop me a line if you find it interesting!
- 2008-07-10: Update: There were some small notation errors that I removed.
- 2007-09-07: The bibliography of the PDF contained errors. Please download it again.
- The slides for my presentation Version Control using Subversion can be found here. Please drop me a line if you find it interesting!
Visual Paradigm provides Technische Universitaet Braunschweig with VP-UML for use in educational purposes, offered by the VP Academic Partner Program.